יום שישי, 28 בינואר 2011

Assimilation and accomodation in lay language:

I'm still reading this CPT book, and I have to translate the words assimilation and accommodation to lay language when I read. I wish I had a Dr Phil expression for them, so I will try to make them up. So imagine a Texan accent when I say this:

Over-accommodation: "If you fall off your horse, it don't matter if you get back on it, but don't take it out on your pickup truck..."

Assimilation: "With better boots you'd still be in this bullshit."

Accommodation: "You wasn't planning on the wind when you put your hat on this morning, but what else could you do?"

As country music hall-of-famer, Garth Brooks says, "if you want them to listen, you better take it down to three chords and the truth".

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה