יום שישי, 2 במרץ 2012

Micro Horses, My Thesis, and Unicorns

I have a hard time giving up on my idea to analyze therapy sessions with a voice recognition interaction analytics CRM system.

Why give it up? Because it's taking too long and I usually have these high hopes that are unreal and maybe this is one too. The researcher who holds the recordings is not too keen on helping me on my sidetracking quest. And I need a thesis already. I could write an OCD themed thesis very easily. But I want to change the world. Perhaps I am obsessed with it.

So where does it stand at the moment? I need to get the university's ethics commity to approve my procedure, and the guy in charge of running it to sign a secrecy agreement. Not too far fetched. 

So why is it hard? Coz I got over excited about the meaning of the results.

 I think the micro horse teaches us that unicorns might also exist, and that fairy tales should not be rejected by the scientific mind.  Also, it may teach us that even a small horse needs a stable, and that a small thesis is not much easier to overcome than a large one in terms of procrastination overhead.



===
PS 14/06/12 :

Since after 3 months, this post has proven to be the leading clicker here, and it has little content really, and micro horses are ruining the SEO for psychoanalytics, I have decided to go with what  works, as this is the essence of psychoanalytics: starting today,  I declare micro horses as the icon for psychoanalytics. There is a Biblical saying about serendipity: Saul went out to look for his father's horses and found the royalty of Israel. In short Sought mules, found kingdom. I think this is the idea behind psychoanalytics - being set to find the unexpected.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה