יום רביעי, 30 בנובמבר 2011

Partnership, Chomsky Audio Book

This is more of a personal post, or at least non scientific.

In the morning I met Shlomi, we were discussing the development of a smartphone based mental health app, specifically for OCD management. I felt like he had good product development understanding, and that he quickly learned a field I was mapping out slowly in this blog. I also felt like I had good answers to a lot of his questions, as I've done my mapping well and could provide insight. I feel like this cooperation is driving me forward, and that's cool.

I was riding my bicycles to school today, and I was listening to a Chomsky lecture recording about linguistics and philosophy. He said something that Isaac Newton disproved the idea of a mechanical world, by showing how gravitational forces, can make objects that are not in contact influence each other. Chomsky says that instead of exorcising the ghost from the machine, he exorcised the machine and left the ghost mystery in tact. This made me feel maybe I was not thinking in a high enough philosophical level, that my academic level was no high enough, and that I wish I could study at MIT. Afterwards, I thought maybe this was a weird argument. 


אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה