This post is a summary of pubmed abstracts:
- FB is a convenient tool to locate longtudinal study participants after contact data has changed.
- Big 5 personality tests predict FB profile
- Looking at your own profile boosts self esteem
- Extroverts are active on FB, introverts are shy, just as in life.
- Narcissism & low self esteem predict high FB usage and online self boasting.
- Extroverted and unconscientious students use FB more.
- FB profiles represent RL personality, and not idealized virtual self.
- People "like" the same people on FB as they'd like in RL.
- "Single" relationship status, means you're interested.
- Narcissism is easy to spot on FB, and correlates with profile owner personality tests.
My conclusion: if I'm going to research OCD on FB, then I should compare to narcissism and extrovert characers, which currently explain the variance of FB usage.
Of course, clinical research is scarce.. I'll see what professional SMM magazines have to say in the future..\