יום רביעי, 27 באפריל 2011

How to: start an online industry

I'm on my way to work, reading this old article about online therapy by Michael Fenichel* on the bus, and feeling like something is missing here. The writer of the article tries to translate the face to face psychotherapy principles to those that would apply online. For example, he asks whether the font of an online therapy chat could be interpreted as transference. Well I don't know. Really, I guess it depends on many things. But theorizing about it won't give you the answer either.
In my view, online therapy is not the same craft, not the same industry. Applying psychoanalytic techniques is a good way to miss the point.
I think what needs to be done is a theoretic definition of goals (stuff like improve well being), red lines of abuse (privacy etc.), and then, since my bus has arrived at work, a good technical oprationalization of measurements. I mean, ways to check that goals are achieved and red lines are avoided. Anything in the middle, such as font size in therapy chat - that can be measured accordingly.
Gotta go!

*Not  to be confused with Otto Fenichel.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה